Thursday 7 November 2013

Croatia/Montenegro take 2 ! Still love Croatia ! :) - Post 1

Hey hey hey all my internationally travelled intraweb mates how the fuck is your person ? :) Hope your all bloody EPDAWG !! ;)

So yeah as you may or may not know I recently went on a 3 week holiday to Croatia/Montenegro just me and my best mate Rob who I have known and been good friends with since about 1998 so a fucken long time lol and it was freaken awesome as you could have imagined ... I always used to think of Croatia as somwhere where the people would not be so friendly and not speak any English or even want to speak English but seriously its quite the opposite on every level ... except not in Montenegro ... I cant speak for all the people there but in general the people actually were quite unfriendly and it was absolutely FLOODED with Russians and that wasn`t the best as it turns out Russians absolutely HATE people with a long beard such as myself ... one time we were just walking down the street in a place called Herceg Novi and there was a group of 5 Russians about my age walking towards me and one said something very angrily and aggresively in Russian and then spat on the ground right in front of me and I just said what the fuck man and threw my arms out in confusion ...but in this situation it was really the only thing to do unfortunately. They are mostly very very ignorant and they all seemed to think I was a Muslim/terrorist and they just absolutely HATED me haha ... and unfortunately the same kinda goes for most Montenegrans of course this does not count for all Russians/Montenegrans just nearly all the ones I happened to meet ... I met a couple of really cool Russians on this trip but only a couple :( .... whereas on the other hand the Croatians are never looking angrily at me but for the most part just think its funny and laugh at my beard and I laugh and everybody is cool... anyways enough about the bad parts of the holidays the rest of this post will be about the good times and there was many ;)

Ok so we arrived in Split and spent a couple of nights there which was pretty cool as they have a nice bar area and awesome old town with a huge palace right in the port on the water near where we were staying... we were drinking beers outside our Apartment in some dodgy alleyway and it was so cool just to be back in Croatia having a beer with my best mate Rob ;) Here is a picture of a little dude we met running around playing in the alleyway ... even though he couldnt understand us we still had fun giving high fives and chasing him around haha . Oh and by the way how much do I look like a freaken amish person hahahaha I didnt even really realise until I skyped with Sara and she told me I looked like a bloody amish person haha ... probably explains why so many people were laughing when they saw me ... all good im just happy to make people smile ;)




Ok so the next place we went was an island called Hvar and its such cool place .... it has a great old town and even a huge fortress on the top of the big hill which overlooks the town and of course amazing beaches ... it also has a pretty awesome nightlife and many good bars and crazy people to party with , which actually was my downfall as I will explain a bit later haha. This picture is of another island called Mlini which is about 1 hours boatride from Hvar and god damn it was so nice as you can see from this picture ... the water is just so amazingly blue and also the temperature was so good at around 26-28 degrees! . As you can see from this pic Croatia is one freaken beautiful place and you can now understand why I love it so much !! ( sorry its small I cant fucking figure out how to make it larger even though I did on the other pics... it just wont work ... why??  because FUCK BLOGGER thats why haha ) Just zoom in on the pic to get the full awesomeness of it ! :)


So yeah as I said the nightlife is good in Hvar and I had what I call a small "incident" with the corner of a stone wall after I had had way to much to drink ... note to self dont drink 3 bottles of wine BEFORE you go out because this kinda thing will probably happen haha , pretty nasty cut but I was so drunk I didnt really feel it haha ... people ran up to me and aksed if I was ok and I just said yeah sure no problem and they were all telling me I needed a hospital and I just ignored them and carried on my drunken ways until I woke up and looked in the mirror in the morning and I was just like ... fuck now THATS a big night haha... stupid stone walls :P It was so funny when I went in the morning to get stitches because I actually had to get them done at a freaken dentist because there was no doctor apparently ... so if you ever need a tooth pulled in Hvar they got you covered but if you have a medial emergency your fucked haha.

 

Ok so now I have actually realised I will have to make 2 different posts for this trip because hot damn there was so much to do and see that I want everyone to see and hear haha. Next we took a ferry for 3 hours to another island called Korcula and damn this place was just as good as Hvar ! We spent most days getting the local bus to all the small towns on this island and just chilling on the beach having a few beers and some nice and cheap food to wash the beers down with ... and it is cheap ... it only usually costs about $10-15 AUD ( 60-90 NOK ) for an awesome woodfired pizza and half a litre of local beer ( Oszjusko = damn good beer ! ) Anyways these 2 pictures are just of a small town called Racisce` and it was so awesome , this first picture is just of an old church which was next to a restuarant where we were eating pizza and drinking many cold Oszjusko , the 2nd picture is actually the beach which was across the road from the church and restuarant .... unbeleivably beautiful and relaxing and at the same time interesting because this church was so freaken old and awesome. :)

This is all that I will put in this post as its getting a bit big now and im sure you cant be fucked reading so much all at once haha. I will post up the other post tomorrow about the trip :)

That is all , Peace out, Catch

No comments:

Post a Comment