Thursday 20 February 2014

2 Years ago Sara and I did a massive 6000klm road trip around Australia ... it was freaken epdawg! :D

Hey hey hey all my world travelled friends I hope that one day you are lucky enough to do an epic road trip like we did :)

So this was the first time I met with Sara after meeting her in Thailand 9 months earlier ;). We met in Thailand at the end of my 4 week trip and spent only 2 nights together but thanks to Facebook we stayed in contact then through phone and then skype. She arrived and then we set off on a road trip of a lifetime ...6000 klms from Brisbane all the way down the east coast through Newcastle , Sydney , Melbourne , Geelong , Adelaide, then we travelled back through Central South Australia and New South Wales stopping at places like Wilcania and Broken Hill. It really opened my eyes up to how big and awesome our contry really is ... at one point I measured a road that went for 50klms without a corner ... not even a small deviation 50 KILOMETRES !!! ;) Anyways it was a while back now (January 2012) But its still one of the best memories I have because its where I began to love my now wife and also enriched my already huge love for my home country , Australia.

Instead of telling a massive story in words I have decided to just post up a heap of pics because you know what they say , a picture paints a thousand words and its true !! Man what a trip !!

Here is a photo of Sara holding a koala at the Brisbane Koala Park :) She was so happy as you can see hahaha :D

 
 
This is a picture of a fish that Sara caught when we went camping at Pottsville ( my favorite Place in the world to camp) She caught it on the second cast and thought it was the best thing ever haha :P look at the bewilderment on her face hahaha
 
 
 
How can you not want to spend hours here on this sandy riverbank fishing, drinking beer and talking shit !!
 
 
 
 
Picture of the Sydney opera house from a ferry we were on ... looks great in the photo but even better in person ! Made from Swedish tiles also if you didnt know ;)
 
 
 
Yeah in Melbourne we went on a helicoptor tour of the city ... epxensive but well worth it ... first time in a helicopter and felt really safe ! :)
 
 
 
Now if you ask Sara about the best moment in her life she might say marrying me or she might also say finding this koala on the side of the road in Victoria haha ... she even got to go up and pat him which is extremely rare ... I had never done it in the wild and I AM Australian haha ;)
 
 
 
Sara and I at the 12 apostles along the great Ocean road in Victoria , what a great Place!
 
 
 
Probably my favorite thing about the trip was finding these old farmhouses that are long abandoned and then going into them and exploring them and thinking about the olden days ... I like that kinda shit ! ;)
 
 
We checked out some cool Caves in South Australia ... but much to Sara`s dissapointment didnt have any time to check out one of the world famous wineries around that area...Ì am pretty sure anyone who likes wine even a little bit has had some wine from South Australia ;)
 
 
Because Sara had never been to Australia she loved all the wildlife signs so we had to stop at all the different ones to take a Picture ... this one is for a koala ;)
 
 
 

This is around the area where I timed a road that went for 50 kilometres With no corner!! You can see why haha , not much out here ;)
 
 
This is me doing an awesome burnout in the dirt out in the outback... ;)
 
 
 
This is a beach at Port Lincoln where Sara and I travelled to swim with the great white sharks :) I also have a whole post dedicated to our swim with the sharks ;) Was freaken epdawg to say the least!
 
 
 
Rockin out in Peterborough ...wherever the hell that is ... cant remember haha ;)
 
 
 
We stopped at this super small town called Cockburn (hehe) and they would only give me enough fuel to get to Broken Hill because they had to get their fuel in by driving it in barrels from Broken Hill haha super small town ... look at the 2nd photo ... thats the Whole town !!! ;)
 
 
This Picture is of the hotel\pub where we stayed in Broken Hill ... we arrived on a Sunday at around 5pm and found a room in this pub and had a great night getting drunk playing pool and pissing of the locals by playing Abba from the dukebox hahaha it was a freaken great night !!! :)
 
 
 
This last picture is of the toilet door for the ladies toilets in the Ettamogah pub which is halfway to the Sunshine coast from Brisbane ... if you drive the other way from Brisbane you come to the Gold Coast ... why the fuck am I living in Norway when I come from a place where you can drive for an hour one way and be at the Gold Coast and one hour the other way and be at the Sunshine coast ... seriously .... I dont really know ... damn I miss home ... the things you do for love ay ;)
 
 
 
I hope that gives people a better idea of what Australia is really like... my dream is to one day drive around Australia over 3 months ... we did 6000 klms in 3 weeks and to og around Aus is 22,000 klms so 3 months should be all good !! Just gotta keep dreaming :)
 
That is all , Peace out , Catch
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment