Sunday 16 February 2014

Oslo is the 2nd most damn expensive city in the world ... fact!! Booooooo

Hey hey hey all my caviar eating mates I hope you dont have to pay $15 AUD for a beer like my ass does sometimes. Please note that AUD= Australian dollars , which are similar in value to American dollars. $1 AUD = $0.9 USD.

Ok so fuck me where I live is bloody expensive and instead of just complaining to my wife about it I figured I could channel some of my anger here in me blog haha. Have you EVER payed $15 AUD for a fucking beer ? I have and I wasnt to happy about it either , but hey we get paid so much here in Oslo it doesnt matter ... WRONG! Ok yes you get paid slightly more here than I did back home (about %15 more) But in the end that doesnt work out to more Money for more beer .... the problem is that EVERYTHING here is about %20 more expensive and whats worse is that you get taxed a rediculous %35 on my wage... back home I used to get taxed about %25 so all in all im loosing about %15 of my Income and its pretty damn shit. There are a LOT of things to love about living in Oslo but prices are not one ... it makes Lachlan very angry in fact.

This is a sign in a bar we were at and converted it means that a guiness costs you $17!!!!!!!!



I will never forget the first day I arrived and Sara and I went to an average cafe and I ordered a steak sandwhich and an orange juice and after I paid I worked out that it cost me $35 ! From then on I realised how fucked I was. But in saying that you can find ways to save money ... like drinking at the nastiest place I know to drink and its called the Rett Inn Bar and beers will only set you back a mere $8 per pint, its a place filled with low life degenerates and alcoholics and smells bad and is bad in general , but its a great spot to meet with ur mates to have a few quick beers before heading out to the real pubs and clubs where on average you will pay 70NOK or $13.50 per beer!! In Australia you could buy at least 2 beers for that much! What a fucking joke! Anyways you probly get my point and dont really care that much and I understand that. So now I will just make a quick list of prices of things and then you can remember to NEVER complain about anything that is expensive unless you live in Tokyo which is the most expensive city in the world.

Prices are averages in both Norway and Australia, some things are similar in price but not much. :(
ALL IN $AUD

NORWAY                                          AUSTRALIA
-Beer (pub) = $13.50                         =$7.50
-Beer 500ml (supermarket) = $5.5     =$5.5                                
-Take away pizza = $20                    = $13
-Bread = $4.50                                   = $4
-Milk = $3.80                                     = $4
- Hotdog+Energy drink = $15            = $10
-Meal at restuarant = $38                   =$25
-30 minutre Train Journey= $19        =$10

Anyways im sure you can see my point ;) So if you EVER complain about prices just remember poor old Lachie the Aussie in Oslo because that cunts nearly always paying more :P :P

That is all , Peace out , Catch ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment