Thursday 27 June 2013

Do I miss Australia ??? .....bloody fucken oath I do !!! ;)

Hey hey hey all my drongo mates out there tuckin into a tinnie of VB and a snag on the barbie how the fuck are ya ! ?? ;)

Ok so as you all know im Australian and im living in Oslo .... ( hence the name of the blog ) anyways people always ask me if I miss Australia and of course I do ....there are approximately at least 463,973 reasons why I miss Australia ...possibly more anyways I figured I would tell you all a little bit about Australia and how fucken awesome it is ;) :P

First of all IT HAS FUCKING EVERYTHING ! Like literally , beach , snow , mountains , rainforest , desert , The Great Barrier Reef , and most importantly the best kind of people in the world ....now I know thats a pretty big call but have you ever met an Australian who is a dick head ....ok maybe some are but seriously %90 of people are all super mega awesome and friendly and funny and of course really really attractive ;) One of the reasons why it has so many different things is because its so god damn big ! Its just a bit smaller than the whole of Europe ... pretty sure if you took away France then Australia would be as big as the whole of Europe ....ok yes a shitload of Australia is covered by desert and semi arid grassland kinda shit but thats somehow the beauty of it ... when you drive along a road in the outback and the next town is 450 klms away you just get a real sense of adventure and somehow learn to appreciate how big this world really is that we live in and how small in the grand scheme of things that one person is ....

So of course I miss my friends shitloads , the main people I miss are as follows . Jacko Franks . Tamara Condotta . Robbie Barclay . Jason Tinto . Grazza Dunkley . Winno Gavriel . and my lil sister Teags Skelton Of course there are many more ppl that I miss but holy shitballs I miss these people the most ....what I would give to have all these people in the same place at the same time for about 48 hours of heavy drinking and partying ....I would literally pay $1000 for that to happen ;) I also miss my family , and I come from a big family ... like fucking huge ass haha ....ok so I have 2 sisters , 1 half bro , 5 step sisters and 2 step brothers and im the oldest ( and of course smartest and most best looking ) of them all ;). This is just my immediate family as on both sides my family is huge , mainly on my dads side and I would say I have over 50 cousins and probably more , the great thing is we generally all get along really well ....because we are all awesome I suppose that would help ;)

The beach ( mainly a place called Pottsville ) Me and one of my best mates Jacko used to meet up at a place called Pottsville and go camping for the weekend , Pottsville is a small beach town around 1.45 hours drive from Brisbane and we meet there at the usual spot and set up camp , start fishing , start a fire,  have a smoke , have a beer and crank some music and laugh and talk absolute shit for hours on end ....or until someone ends up falling down the sandy cliff into the water haha ( Im yet to do it haha ) Either way this palce is amazing because you camp on the river on one side and then you walk across the road which is about 50m away and then you walk for another 100m and your on the beach ....and the beach is so good ....the waves are usually pretty awesome and for the most part there is never to many people on the beach because Pottsville is just a small beach town ( maybe about 3000 people or so ) . I miss waking up before everyone and having a "smoke" and a beer at 5am in the morning and getting stuck into some serious fishin in the river whilst everyone is sleeping off their hangovers ...of course I have a hangover but I just fix it by having another beer ;) Fishing is always best really early in the morning also so thats a main reason I get up so early ...and the fact that we arent supposed to camp where we do and the rangers sometimes come and check , but if im fishing then we arent camping ....we are fishing ;) :P I also miss driving down the coast with my other best mate Robbie , we usually randomly decide to hit up the beach and go for a bodyboard , which I love and miss terribly , its a sport I can actually do nowdays because it doesnt require any heavy impact on my super fucked up knee ( my knee is rooted... 2 snapped ligaments and post traumatic damage in the miniscus ) .

                    Our camp at Pottsville ...beyond the tent about 50m is the beach !!! ;) :)


The people are one of the things I miss also ....ppl are just so friendly and you make friends nearly anywhere you go ... meet someone outside having a smoke at a pub and then you talk for a while and then invite them to come and sit with your table to drink piss and talk shit and then youve got a friend for life haha ....thats how many friendships and probably relationships would have started in Australia ;)

I miss the outdoors ....around Brisbane we have many natural wonders , such as The Glasshouse Mountains , Springbrook National Park , Connondale National Park , D`aguilar Nastional Park , and Moreton Island , these parks are ALL within 2 hours driving from the centre of Brisbane ( with the exception of  Moreton Island because you get a ferry from there but would take only around 3 hours from the Brisbane CBD ) I have been bushwalking in all of these parks on many different occasions and I love to be in nature and climbing mountains ( not huge ones just pretty big ones ) After work usually about once or twice a week I would jump in my ute and drive the 45mins to a moutain called Mt Ngungun which I think is only about 600m high but is pretty steep in some areas and takes about 1.5 hours to get up and down if you hurry ...usually about 2 hours if your taking it easy .

        Climbing a mountain in the Glasshouse mountains called Mt Tibrogargan ...its fucken steep haha


Mt Tibrogargan ....you beat me the first time but I conquered you the second time ! ;)




Ok so yes I miss many things about Aus but thats not to say that I dont like living here in Norway ....its just a bit different as you could imagine ... either way im not going anywhere because my girl is here and im always gunna be where ever she may be :) .... hopefully at the end of next year we are moving back to Aus for a couple of years ;) :) Fingers crossed ay ;)

That is all , Peace out , Catch

                          The sunrise over the beach at Pottsville ....amazingly awesome ;) :)




No comments:

Post a Comment