Wednesday 5 June 2013

In Norway its expensive to wipe your ass !!! ;)

Hey hey hey my rish ass wiping friends how are we all !! :)

Ok so Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world with Oslo permanently residing in the top 5 most expensive cities in the world ( usually number 2 only to Tokyo ) ...and I live here haha with good reason though as my beautiful girlfriend Sara calls Oslo home ( even though she Is from Karlskrona in Sweden ) and so this is the reason I live here now and I don't mind it :)

Oslo attracts many Swedish workers because of the strong economy and wealth of jobs here ( unemployment I think is %3 ) and its so close to Sweden you would almost be crazy not to come here and cash in in the newfound wealth that has been bestowed upon Norway due to the discovery of  oil in the North Sea .

The first day when I arrived Sara and I went to a café , not a fancy one just a normal average café , and I ordered a biff smorsbrod ( steak sandwich ) and an orange juice and when I calculated it back to Australian dollars is cost about $ 36 ( 200 NOK ) and this is when I just though to myself ...fuck! ...im fucked! ....that's unbelievable! ....I have NEVER paid that much for any meal in my life let alone a fucking steak sandwich!. It takes a while to get used to how overpriced it is here but when you earn Norwegian Krone it seems less expensive ( but still pretty damn expensive haha )

I have worked out that I earn about  %25 more money here than I would back in Australia ....but everything is about %25 more expensive here than it is back home AND I pay %36 tax instead of about %25 back home , so all in all I basically loose about % 11 of my total income whilst enjoying a somewhat small improvement in the quality of life ...sort of haha ( 6 months of winter is definitely no improvement on basically no winter in Brisbane :P )

Sara and I were in a shopping center one day and she needed to use the toilet and when we found it we found that it costs 10 NOK , which is about $1.75 AUD ... that's fucking unbelievable ...this is why when people ask me if its expensive here I tell them that its expensive to wipe your ass here because its true !!

                 Bring your gold bullion ya'll its $1.75 to use the toilet in this place ! :P



All in all im not really trying to complain im basically just telling it how it is , oh and fuck I nearly forgot !! One time I was having a beer with a mate in the main street and it cost me 98 NOK which is about $16.50 AUD ....it was a pint I must admit but fuck me $16.50 FOR A FUCKING PINT !!! Needless to say I have found nearly all the cheap places to drink beer in Oslo, the cheapest ( and possibly the nastiest ) being a place called The Rett Inn Bar which serves pints of local beer for 42 NOK which is about $7 :)

Anyways im going to stop rambling on now I think I got my point across haha , Oslo is still a nice place with nice people and plenty to do ...just make sure you bring you gold bullion to pay for your beers haha ;)

That is all , Peace out , Catch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment