Wednesday 5 June 2013

Travelling ! Ever been to Croatia ?? YOU SHOULD GO !! :)

Hey hey hey my international friends Jag hoppas du ar bra ! ( Norsk for I hope you are good :P )

So yeah since getting off my ass in May last year and moving to Norway I had only previously been to New Zealand and Thailand , but now I have been to shitloads of places thanks to living in Europe ...I still find it amazing that approx. 50 countries are all within 3 hours flying ;)

So yeah one of the first places that Sara and I went on holidays was Croatia . To be honest I was a bit skeptical in the beginning as I was actually quite ignorant about Croatia and just thought it was part of the Balkans and didn't actually have such a beautiful coastline ...Sara showed me one picture and I said "FUCK YES WE ARE GOING!!!"

This is a picture of the island called Hvar , my favorite place in Croatia ...you can see why !! :) :)



There are many things to love about this country and the one that surprised me the most was the people ....everyone ( %99 ) of everyone is so friendly and helpful and happy to have you in their beautiful country enjoying what they have to offer . The coastline was absolutely amazing as you can see from the above picture but pictures don't do it justice as they say and its very true in this case ...just imagine buying a beer ( which are super cheap by the way ) and finding a nice place by the water and just sitting back , relaxing and letting all the worlds problems roll away as you enjoy a nice cold beer in beautiful surroundings . One of the best days of my life took place when Sara and I took a small boat to a secluded beach on the island called Hvar and relaxed by the beach all day and then checked out a jazz concert at this tiny bar/café/restaurant/awesome outside seating area right on the beach and we managed to get through about 6 bottles of their homemade wine which was of course cheap and so very nice ... yeah I may have ended up falling down some stairs later that night but it was the stairs fault !!! True story ;)

Its so cheap ! When I went to the supermarket to buy a beer and I found that you could buy a 2 LITRE beer for only around $3 AUD I was amazed ....AND you can drink in public in Croatia ( within reason of course ) If your eating out the absolute most you will pay would be around $ 8-15 AUD depending of course on where you are eating and what you are eating, a local beer will set you back about $2.50 AUD , a nice wood fired pizza at a nice restaurant will set you back about $10 AUD  ...which I find a shitload more appealing than a big mac meal that costs the same , and the service at the restaurants is all pretty damn good, they usually have 4 different menus ... English , Italian , German and Croatian ....this must drive the waitress people crazy having to chop and change languages so often but they really do handle it well with at least one person per restaurant who will speak fluent in either English , Italian or German . Hotels are also cheap and a bit different as a lot of the places you will stay are usually just peoples houses ( they have really big houses haha ) and they just rent out rooms or apartments to holiday makers as they have learned to adjust with the sudden influx of tourists in the past 15 years , it also is cheap and you will find that you can rent a reasonably nice 1 bedroom apartment complete with kitchen and balcony for around $60-80 per night and this is just the apartment so you can sleep more people if you want to be really cheap . :)

If you do go I would highly recommend checking out the islands of Hvar and Brac' as these places are just magnificent and breathtaking , explore , take a walk , or just lie on the amazing beaches , believe me you wont be disappointed .

I am currently planning my next trip to Croatia in August with one of my best mates... yes its a mancation but Sara will be joining us after about 15 days when we travel to Montenegro, which I am very much looking forwards to the more I read about it ! :)

Take my word GO THERE !!

That is all , Peace out , Catch

No comments:

Post a Comment