Monday 29 April 2013

Technology will be the death of the young generations !!!!

Hey hey hey everyone how the bloody hell are ya :)

Ok so yes this seems a bit hypocritical when im complaining about technology on a blog and when you think about it I suppose it is haha ...but im gonna do it anyways :P

This so called "age of technology" is doing my head in !! Why wasn't I born in the age of the viking where the biggest and baddest dude got all the glory and all the chicks ..whilst I know im not the biggest dude im also not the smallest too, so maybe I could have lead a small band of vikings travelling the countryside raping and pillaging at will. ( no mum I dont mean the raping part ...piliging ...for sure ! ) Either way im getting away from the topic haha. But it just angers me so much to be living in a world so dominated by technology, and to an extent this involves myself much to my dismay. Do kids even know what a cubbie house is ? Do kids even know what dirt tastes like ? Do kids even know what falling off a bike and scraping your knee feels like ? Most probably no , because they are to busy stuck inside infront of the idiot box or jammed infront of a computer or glued to the screen of their parents I-Phone ... Does anyone else wonder why kids have so many chronic allergic reactions nowadays ? I think a part of the problem is that they DONT know what dirt tastes like and they havent scraped their knees and by keeping them inside in the early period of their lives when they are developing their immune systems and buildng up natural defences to fight off all these allergies and allergic reactions, they are basically wrapped in bubble wrap they dont have exposure to these certain allergies/toxins etc and their body will have no natural defence against it when they are adults . Again im getting slightly away from the topic but this all relates to technology as its the main reason for this whole thing occuring.

The main  reason I do hate/loathe the age of technology is the social imapct I beleive it will have on young and developing minds. As children and the youth have less and less actual interactions with human beings they will not develop the proper skills needed to have proper and meaningful relationships with their peers and in turn I think this will result in a bad state of society in which people are completly unaware of how to read other peoples emotions/feelings. Whilst this doesnt sound bad beleive me it will be...and I should know because im a child psycology expert ( ok maybe im not but im pretty confident about this :P ). When I was growing up we played in the streets and knew all our neighbors and rode Go-karts down our street and ate dirt and threw rotten mangoes at each other , nowadays I dont think even %10 of kids would know most of their neighbors and even if they do they wont have a strong connection with them. When I was about 14 my mum moved into a new place and she decided just to not have a T.V and at first I thought it was crazy and my life would be hell whenever I would have to go to mums for the 2 weeks of the month , but as it turned out this actually made a vast improvement to my life and my relationships with my mum and my 2 younger sisters as I was forced to go to the park with my sisters , I was forced to sit and listen to Triple J on the radio in the loungeroom while reading a book , and when I look back on my childhood this period is always remembered as one of the most enjoyabe and fun and rewarding times.


                                         This photo scares me and it should scare YOU too !!



Now im not saying that I know everything about parenting or anything like that but what I do suggest to parents out there is that every night/afternoon you only let your children have maybe 3 or 4 hours of  "technology time" per night and then they will be forced to go outside , be forced to meet the other kids in the street , be forced to interact with their siblings and get to know them better as people and create strong and meaningful relationships early in their lives. During their childhood is the time when they learn the most and build their brains and personalities to be who they will be in their adult lives. Im no expert but this makes sense to me and I hope it does to you guys also , spread the word , MAKE kids enojy life if they won't do it themselves ;)

That is all , Peace out , Catch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment