Sunday 21 April 2013

Travelling !!! Been to a few places now , thought i'd let ya know what I think of them ! New Zealand-Thailand


I always knew in the back of my mind that I would eventually do a lot of travelling ...even if it did basically take me until 26 years old to realise I would have to SAVE some money to do this, im glad I now know how to save and see the rewards for saving are huge as travelling is god damn awesome !

First place I even went to was New Zealand with my best mate Rob for 10 days and it was crazy to say the least , we arrived in Dunedin travelled up to Queenstown where we did 2 bungy jumps in a day ( it was %50 off it you did more than one jump in 48 hours so after the first one we got off the bus and walked straight back to the front desk and booked another one for that night ) It was freaken epic bungy jumping the first one we did was from a cable car in between 2 mountains over a river ...it was 134m and it was almost as scary jumping as it was going out on the small cart that takes u to the middle ...the second was at the very top of Queenstown and it was only 50m or something but damn it was still great , from there we met a couple of guys from Europe ...I forget where they were from
 and they were driving the 5 or 6 hours to Christchurch the next day so we tagged along with them and then arrived in christchurch where we met up with my mate Robs friends who he had lived with previously in a flat there ....this flat was nasty and crazy haha I remember seeing a half eaten sandwich on the floor in the loungeroom and 4 days later when we left it was still there , we had a keg party and we all had turns at getting help up vertically upsidedown on top of the keg and skulling for 10 pumps of the keg each , the night ended up with the boys chasing some racist Nazi kids down the street with metal poles and the police being called.

Second place I ever went overseas was Thailand , again with my mate Rob ,this holiday even started off great as I started talking to this girl next to me in the queue to check in and we soon became friends and spent the whole 2 hours waiting for the plane just talking and getting to know each other , then we arrived in Brunei and we decided we would just go through immigration and go outside and take a look around just to see whats what , but we basically just ended up walking around a freeway under the glare or many young men all starting at this chick I had with me because she was showing some skin ...that was all good and then we went to get on the next plane and it was a 4 hour stopover in Brunei and then 5 or 6 hours flight to Bangkok and they put us in seats next to each other and this was when I started to loose it as I decided to try and push the conversation through the whole flight and that resulted in me saying many stupid and extremely boring and obvious things and also resulted in her begining to think I was weird and possibly insane haha , needless to say she lost me pretty quickly after we landed ;)

So the first 4 nights me and my mate just hit the party scene super hard in Patong (Phuket) , everyday we would wake up and just start drinking again , at one point I actually lost a day because I couldnt remember any of it haha , the partying there was crazy and we met so many ppl and did a lot of crazy shit in those 4 nights but after that we got down to a schedule of party one night rest one night , which was good , we travelled to Phi Phi island which was really amazing and we stayed in a bamboo shack on the water which cost us only about $15 AUD each per night ...it was super basic it had one fan and a toilet with a shower and only cold water ...but it was all we needed , except in the night there was a beach party that went on directly across the water and the music absolutely pumped until 4am every morning wether Monday or Saturday , so on the nights we had off we would just lie in bed sweating and not being able to sleep from getting pounded with "BARBRA STREISAND WOOOWOOOOWOOOOWOOOOOOO" Lets just say I will be happy if I never hear that song again . Then after that we made our way to Krabi for 3 nights ...Krabi was shit ...it was like an old couples holiday resort ...that and a place where the old European men can walk around with their prostitutes holding hands and pretending they like each other ...we both hated seeing these nasty nasty old men walking about hand in hand with some 15 or 16 year old girl knowing full well whats going on behind closed doors ...there should be some kind of vigilante police force just rounding up these guys and ....well I wont say the rest but they should be dealt with in a very harsh manner because they are filthy and disgusting and degenerates and they shouldnt be allowed to take advantage of young needy people like that .

After Krabi we went back to Patong where we stayed for a few nights until Rob was heading back home and leaving me alone for the last 10 days of my trip , 2 days after he left I took a bus to Surat Thani and then a ferry across to an island called Ko Samui where my good mate Jason had been many times and had a girlfriend working in a hotel there where I could stay for a discounted rate , this is where I met my girlfriend Sara , I was drinking in the Irish pub where I had drunk a few nights in a row now and had a good mate there who was from Canada whom I was drinking with and arguing about how much better cricket is than baseball and thats when I noticed a girl standing under the T.V I was watching cricket on and she was dancing like a crazy drunk woman, she was with another girl whom happened to be Sara so I said to my Canadian friend , hang on a minute im just going to go talk to these girls , and then after 5 minutes I said I needed to go to my room to get some money and did they want to come with me as there is a bar on the beach across from my hotel and they said sure so I left the bar with 2 beautiful girls and gave a wink to my mate and I was off , we all went to the bar and got really drunk played pool , they invited some more ppl there and we all went swimming when we were all really drunk ( apparently I told Sara I was a lifeguard back in Aus and it will be safe because I will be there ) and she beleived me of course thinking that everyone from Australia is a lifeguard and we all have kangaroos in our backyards etc. After that we went back to her friend Agne's place and drank and partied some more and then I asked Sara if she would like to come back to my room for " Mini Bar and "conversation"" and that was how we hooked up ...more or less ;).

After coming back from Thailand I knew I had met someone special as I got to know Sara better through msging on facebook very regularly , I will never forget the time she first called me and we spoke on the phone other than the time in Thailand but it was just after I had done a skydive with my mate Luke and we were at a pub in Redcliffe having a beer to celebrate and we ended up talking for about 30 mins and things pretty much went from there ...it was a whole 9 months until I actually saw Sara again and this was when she came to Australia for a month and we went on an epic road trip ( 6000 klm) ...but thats another story altogether ;)

Anyways thats it for this post people.
Peace out . Catch ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment