Monday 29 July 2013

Last week at my current work ... it's been interesting to say the least ;)

Hey hey hey all my interweb mates I hope ya'll are pretty dang good  ;)

So yeah this week is the last week of work on the construction site I have been working on in the government area in Oslo , we have actually been working on the buildings which were damaged when Anders Brevik blew up the bomb in the center of Oslo . This job has been very interesting to say the least and it's the first job I have been working on overseas and it's very different to working back home . First of all is the main difference and that is that now im the minority and im the only Australian on the whole jobsite ... in fact other than one American guy im the only one who speaks English as their first language . While it hasn't been to much of a problem because pretty much everyone speaks really good English it has been at times challenging ... especially at lunch when everyone is either speaking Norwegian or Polish and im just sitting there with the reject people looking blankly at my phone just to stop myself staring at the wall for the whole lunch .

My supervisor has been a very interesting part of the job and also part of the reason it has been a great place to work , his name is Stefan and hes from Stockholm and hes reasonably insane  .. seriously lol . One thing that always amused me was his fascination with Australia and all things Australian , he would always come into the room im working in and ask me many crazy questions about  back home . The funniest thing he ever asked me was one day when he came into my room and said " Lock ( he calls me Lock because he can't say my name ) have you seen the flying dogs in Australia ! ? " I replied " man we got a lot of crazy shit in Australia but flying dogs is not one of them haha " eventually I worked out that he was actually talking about flying foxes which we do have plenty of back home and theb I thought well if you look at the name we kinda do have a type of flying dog in Australia hahaha ;) :P . He is 50 years old but he is as mature as a 15 year old lol , I will never forget the time he made a piece if bread into a toy sailing ship with a plastic knife and some paper and was sailing it on the table making sound effects and all hahaha . He has the Stockholm syndrome big time ... according to him its the center of the universe and is also  very dangerous and a hard city ... il never forget when he was talking to me and a group of Polish guys and telling them how hard Stockholm is and that they don't know what a hard life is but he does because he grew up in the "hard" area of Stockholm ... ummm man ur talking to a bunch of Polish guys here , they know what hard is as their country has been through some serious shit in the not to distant past lol .

Anyways it's gunna be sad to leave here as I've made some truly good friends here and will miss a lot of people here . I have met and worked with many cool and interesting people ... also worked with a couple of assholes aswell lol . This is a list of the different nationalities that I have worked with over the 11 months of working here . Polish, Norwegian, Swedish, Venezuelan , Columbian , Chillean , Danish , Turkish , Latvian , Dutch and Russian . This has been eye opening to say the least and also very interesting ;) .

It's been a cruisy job for most parts and when they force you to take two 15 minute coffee breaks per day plus a 40 minute lunch you know it's gunna be good ;)

But just like everything it has to come to an end and it makes me a bit sad to know that one day soon this will all just be a past memory and that I will be sent by my company to another job to start a fresh and build friendships with new people and do different things and that's cool but it always seems to remind me that this just is another chapter in my life that will be closed and that im not getting any younger and that sucks balls , but nothing you can do about it bur embrace the future and what it will bring and I have never been so excited and also a bit nervous about what the future will bring so bring it on yo ! ;)

That is all , Peace out , Catch ;)

Picture of me at work , or as I like to refer to it as ; Superfunhappyland ;) ...you gotta make the best of a bad situation right ? :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment