Wednesday 15 May 2013

Complicated conversations

Hey hey hey my bro's and hoe's how the hell are we all :)

Ok so as you all may or may not know I am from Australia and lived there for 26 years until I met my girlfriend Sara ( Who's Swedish ) hence why she lives in Oslo because you earn a lot of money here compared to Sweden :) . Anyways the point of this blog is that I dont speak Norsk ( Norwegian ) and sometimes this can be complicated lol . The other day Sara and I were in a second hand furniture store looking for a table and chairs for our balcony and holy crap some crazy old couple owns that place ...like you could barely walk inside because they just hoard so much stuff ...maybe horders should just call themselves antique/unique item dealers and people wouldn't think they are absolutely crazy just sort of crazy haha ...anyways getting away from the point . The old man who was there just kept talking to me and I couldn't understand shit he was saying , even after when we discussed if we want the table in ENGLISH VERY LOUDLY so he could hear that I can't speak Norsk he continued to speak to me even though I must have the stupidest look on my face just thinking man I got no fucking idea of anything you are saying can you please just talk to my girlfriend haha , crazy old man. Either way we got a table which we had to transport on the bus because we don't have a car ...I found it amusing to be on the bus with a table and chairs ...the people on the crowded bus didn't ...but hey fuck them :P


                               We aren't hoarders ...we are antique dealers haha :P




Also it becomes a problem when we might be at lunch or something and someone starts speaking Norsk to me and I just look at them like they have asked me to recite the whole bible off by heart back the front starting with all the words starting with A and then move on consecutively until I get to Z . Most of the time I just tell people I speak English sorry, but there is sometimes where I just cant be bothered telling people I speak English so I just sit there like a deaf/mute/idiot and let them figure it out for themselves ....either they figure out that I can't understand them or im just a real big dick head haha ...either way I dont mind to much . Ok ok some people just say learn the language and thats a good point but the fact is EVERYONE speaks perfect english here so I don't much see the point ...if I was going to live here permanently I would learn Norsk for sure but I don't plan to, so I dont see much point in putting so much time effort and money into it . Sometimes it has it's benifits though because sometimes I might go out for dinner with Sara and her friends and they just ramble on in Norsk and they say oh we are just talking about a new dress we saw ....I say this is when it makes me happy I dont understand what they are saying because I really dont care about whats happening on Paradise Hotel ....infact I wish Paradise Hotel would be banned for the reason that some people might turn out like the fools on that show ....uh oh I think we are already very late on that one ! :P

That is all , Peace out , Catch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment